Passenger Car Motor Oil
Biosynthetic Technologies sustainable bases oils can be used in the manufacturing of Personal Car Motor Oil (PCMO) used as the primary base oil of a lubricant formulation, a component of a base oil co-blend, or even as an additive. To showcase the capabilities of the Biosynthetic Technologies sustainable base oils, we developed a high performance PCMO. This motor oil is approved by the American Petroleum Institute (API) and API SN-RC certified a 5W-20 and 5W-30 gasoline engines. Field testing showed that engines running on Biosynthetic® motor oil had far less varnish, ran cleaner when compared to commercially available mineral oil based motor oil.
Research shows that engines running on Estolide-based formulations had far less varnish.
- Far less engine varnish
Longer Engine Life
- Biosynthetic base oils have good oxidative stability
- Reduced wear in engine testing
- BioPrefered Certified – 26% renewable content
- 32% of the formulation is made with biodegradable ingredients
- Good phosphorus retention