Passenger Car Motor Oil
Biosynthetic Technologies sustainable bases oils can be used in the manufacturing of Personal Car Motor Oil (PCMO). Our sustainable base oils can be used as the primary base oil of a lubricant formulation, a component of a base oil co-blend, or even as an additive. To showcase the capabilities of the Biosynthetic Technologies sustainable base oils, we developed a high performance PCMO. This motor oil is approved by the American Petroleum Institute (API) and API SN-RC certified for 5W-20 and 5W-30 gasoline engines. Field testing showed that engines running on Biosynthetic® motor oil had far less varnish, ran cleaner when compared to commercially available mineral oil based motor oil.
Research shows that engines running on Estolide-based formulations had far less varnish.
- Far less engine varnish
Longer Engine Life
- Biosynthetic base oils have good oxidative stability
- Reduced wear in engine testing
- BioPrefered Certified – 26% renewable content
- 32% of the formulation is made with biodegradable ingredients
- Good phosphorus retention